Something tells me you might have a bit o' turkey sitting in your fridge, well, get it out and soup it up!
Post Thanksgiving turkey soup is exactly what you need when the air is as crisp as the leaves.
Turkey Kale Soup
6 c. soup stock, or water
2 c. leftover turkey (Keep the bones to make soup stock.)
2 c. leftover sweet potatoes, or chopped fresh sweet potatoes
1/2 c. barley
1 c. chopped kale (spine removed)
1/2 c. onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 T. olive oil
1 tsp. salt, or to taste
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. sage
1/2 tsp. thyme
1. In a pan, saute onion and garlic, add kale. Add 1-2 T. of water and place the lid on the pan. Turn off heat and let sit until needed.
2. In a large pot bring soup stock, or water to a boil.
3. Add barley. Cook for 15 minutes.
4. Add turkey, sweet potatoes, and the onion, garlic and kale mixture.
5. Bring to a simmer. Add spices.
6. Cook until barley is tender.
Go on, throw some cranberry sauce in too! (It actually tastes good!)
the edible blog
send tips/stories to
All feeds: click here.